Install and service our packaging machinery in the US, Canada, and Mexico (primarily the US). Additionally, participate in research and development. We are looking for sharp, capable, and energetic team members to help us rapidly grow our business and maintain our status as market leader. Our machinery utilizes some of the latest technology (robotics; servos; vison systems; etc.) on the market and we need quick-thinking and flexible individuals that can solve issues on our machines and help ensure we are utilizing the latest in automation technology.
Typical Job Responsibilities:
- Assemble equipment using powered hand tools
- Install/rig packaging machinery
- Make small on-site mechanical modifications including grinding, welding, drilling/tapping
- Run cables; terminate cables in electrical panels
- On-site unloading of equipment from shipping containers (with rigging tools and forklifts/cranes)
- Assist PLC programmer with machine start-up and electrical troubleshooting
- Assist MSK US assembly with building equipment (when not traveling)
- Assist sales and project management departments with customer testing (when not traveling)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Good at working with your hands combined with a strong analytical level
- Minimum 2 years of field service experience. We will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical drawings
- Experience with electromechanical systems
- Experience in the packaging industry would be a plus
- Electrical skills (wiring, soldering, crimping, testing, and use of standard hand tools)
- Basic computer skills
- Authorized to work in the US
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and abroad (70 - 80% travel)
- Have analytical cognitive capability for machine troubleshooting and de-bugging
- Must be able to work both in a collaborative environment and autonomously
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to handle stressful situations and "get the job done"
- Good communicator with professional demeanor; sole MSK representative interfacing with customers when on-site
Physical environment notes:
- Requires light to moderate lifting of materials
- Field work in Customers’ plants that range from air-conditioned appliance plants to dusty/hot cement plants
- Must be capable of physically handling some basic machine parts (motors, tools, film shafts, etc.)
- Must be capable of climbing up and down MSK machinery for troubleshooting and de-bugging
- Required to communicate with Customer personnel and subcontract labor
Start your future with MSK.
We look forward to receiving your online application (including your expected salary and the earliest possible starting date).